Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The View From Here

Good habits are hard to maintain.

As someone who made a daily corporate living out of writing news releases, speeches, talking points, and executive presentations -- and managing people who yearned to do them better-- for about 35 years, I've fallen out of practice. Sure, I've enjoyed the freedom of doing what I please now as an early retiree and owner of a small consulting practice. But I've found that the discipline of writing sharp sentences and pithy paragraphs has become an occasional pleasure instead of a daily discipline.

Today I have met the enemy...and it is me. And, beginning today, the enemy of time, energy and ingenuity will be wrestled to the ground.

I've launched Hab-bitz, a personal blog that will present one person's Midwestern view of everything from federal bailouts to NFL draft choices to fruit-forward west coast wines to out-of-control texting...and even a bit snotty sarcasm. In other words, I want to write contemporary words for a contemporary world.

Make it a habit to stop here!

No comments:

Post a Comment